Monday 12 May 2008

7 Years...


___


It's was actually 7 years yesterday...but I was busy yesterday with it being our Wedding Anniversary AND Mother's Day...yeah...I know I didn't think that one out too well...:) - (by the way it's extremely hard writing on your left hand when you're left-handed...)

___



___

...He worked all weekend....

...gasp..

___

OH PLEASE!!!
___


Really we have the whole of ..oh.. I don't know ETERNITYtogether - and even with working he still managed breakfast in bed and a 3 course dinner for Mother's Day...so he still did a pretty decent job of it!

___

And as for the Wedding Anniversary...we can just celebrate that one ALL week!...Now I realise that many of you don't know the MAN and even those that do, have the general impression that he is quiet and reserved (and yes he is)...and I totally make up for this because I'm so loud and obnoxious...but he also has a cheeky and mischevious side (which I might add has ALWAYS been there) and over the last 7 yrs this has started to become more obvious and my loud obnoxious ways are slowly being tamed...we're good for each other that way...

He's my favourite husband EVER!

___





He gets lots of these...but you don't really need to know that.

___


So for any of you out there that have believed all these years that the MAN is quiet & reserved...let me give you an idea into what he's really like at home:

___


It's called CHILDREN!

___


They tend to show off the worst and the best of us...and sometimes you're just not sure which it is...for eg take Primary Presentations of any kind at church...Jake's first Primary Presentation he had one line to say...oh and did he SAY it!!! In fact he yelled it into the microphone giving all the elderly in the congregation near heartattacks...while the adults mainly tried to compose themselves and the children cracked up laughing...(My dad, Mike and I?? we hid down the back cracking up laughing too...it was kinda funny you know). Or running around the hall with his elastic tye around his HEAD instead of his neck, shirt off, claiming he is a 'stripping warrior' (his favourite book).

He's my favourite son.

___


And then there is Layne our almost 4yr old - yesterday during the Mother's Day song presentation...not particularly happy about being made to stand up and sing some lame old song...hung over the edge of the pulpit area looking bored out of her brains for the most part and then decided to grace us with a 'spiced' up version of the song by playing the drums on the pulpit area in front of her, while staring out at the congregation DARING anyone to try to make her stop!

She's my favourite daughter.
___


The children tend to HIDE when they are fully aware they have done something wrong and they hear me coming and know they will be found out at any minute...the MAN has also been known to hide with them! - (you try remaining serious with absolutely no hint of a smile passing your lips when you have a grown man hiding with two children claiming he is innocent!)
____

____
Or try remaining serious when the MAN does something like this to his daughter while she's sleeping, even though you have already bathed her!
They're all my favourites!

5 comments:

ALYN said...

Congrats on the 7 years! It's fun to see a glimpse into your life and family. Sounds like a fun place to be.

Sarah Tilley said...

happy anniversary. we always forget ours. oh, well. for mother's day ben emptied the dishwasher out for me. that was nice. no three course dinner, though.

Analiese said...

7 years! I remember your wedding. It seems like just at least 5 years ago .............

Sarah said...

7 years! Wow thats gone fast. Congrats!!!

Melly Mel said...

this post made my night. i loved it.
congratulations and happy 7.