Sunday 29 June 2008

Attn: GIRLS ONLY PARTY!!!!!

The Birthday Girls Name:
The Theme: a PINK party!

The required dress code...pink ...of course!


The Venue


The balloons being the favourite attraction


This is how the Birthday Girl's brother handles the akwardness of being the only boy at a girls party....shows off of course....

...like how cool would it be to gather all the balloons and then go outside and watch them go into outer space??? ...hang on...oh yeah....lets get my basket and put some teddys in it and make an hot air balloon!!! ....I just might need a few more balloons....like 60 or more!


Some of the favourites on the menu



Some of the little Princess's




The Craft activity: Paper flower necklaces

BUSTED!!!

The Birthday Girl taking a sneak peek at the birthday presents...caught on camera!
Completely random...

What was my husband doing at the kitchen bench that warranted him a little fan club???
Last but not least....

Trying desparately to blow out the candles on her 'purse' birthday cake while still continuing to eat her biscuit...if you know Layne...you'll realise how typical this is...the girl can EAT!!!!

12 comments:

make it perfect said...

Sal...the party looks AWESOME! Loving all the pink..and the beautiful princeses. You must be EXHAUSTED now! Great job, you know you have set yourself up for putting on a show every year now...just warning you! hehe!!

Sarah Tilley said...

wow, pink. do girls naturally gravitate to pink, or is expected of them since princess dresses are usually pink. pink is henry's favorite color. if i could find him pink lego star wars he'd be in heaven.
so did you swing all this by yourself?
by the way, i like your kitchen. mine's tiny and hideous...

The Girl said...

Is that a strawberry milkshake with whipped cream I spy?!?! yum, Yum, YUM. You can throw my next b-day party for me...I'm thinking I'd like a fairy party...I will be 29 after all.

Kym said...

sally, you are amazing! did you make all those yummy treats? they look SO good. everything is adorable in pink, too. how fun!! I love the beach pictures with the ballons!

Jen said...

You're such a cool mom! It's all awsome. I'm sure my boy would love it. And my girl would want a blue one. haha

Sarah said...

Wow, everything looks so beautiful and the food looks yummy! I'm glad Layne had such a special day.

Melly Mel said...

what a beautiful party! I am so impressed! You did great! I think they all had such a good time. Did you make that purse cake?

Wyborn Family said...

Doesn't it look so pretty - all in pink - Chelsea would love it. Did you make the cake? If so, how?

Kim said...

Wow. What at fun party! Your pictures look like they came out of a magazine! You are very talented! I live only three hours away from Chicago. Maybe we can meet up. That would be fun to see you guys. Let me know the dates when you will be in Chicago! We love Chicago.

Jacobson Five said...

What a cute party. Maybe someday I will be able to have a pink party, but probably not. So where did you get all the cute ideas. And did you make that cake?

Sals said...

So everyone has asked alot about the cake...yes I did make it...I cheated of course...I bought 2 simple sponge cakes and cut a little of the bottom off and put butter icing between them and on the bottom - shoved it in the freezer for about 15 to set the icing then got the ready made icing rolled it out and decorated...the handles of the bag are a roll of bubblegum - Mike came up with that one - anyway I'm pretty sure you can find a picture and 'how to' of different purse cakes on the internet...maybe the betty crocker site??? Love that woman!

mommy24 said...

What am awsome party!! My 4 year old had a pink party in January but the nausea had already set in and your party puts mine to shame!! All your pink goodies look so pretty and tasty too. You take really good pictures by the way!