Tuesday 9 December 2008

the eiffel tower

ahhh the eiffel tower...you finally get to see it...it took mike and i about 3 days to get here...not because we weren't interested...we just had other things to see...but when we finally did get here...
it was pretty great. there was alot happening in paris during the week we were there...aero exhibitions near the arc de triumph, employment expo near the eiffel tower so there were alot of tents etc set up all over the place - which doesn't always make for the best photos...but we went here on a sunday afternoon and spent the whole afternoon lounging around in the gardens and eating lunch...waiting for it to get dark so we could take some cool shots. they had it lit up in blue for some euro thing happening in paris that week - it was definitely very cool seeing it lit up like this... and just a note as to how SMALL this world really is - we were up on the first deck of the eiffel tower a few days later, when we ran into some family friends (from the hunter valley) while up there...! VERY freaky! we were both in a bit of disbelief!

3 comments:

Kruger Family said...

I love all your pictures...you do such a great job. Thanks for getting back to me..I am trying to figure out this editing thing. I use Photoshop elements for right now and then i want the CS4. The last couple of weeks I have taken a lot of friends family pictures, and I am learning a lot of things...by just trying. I just wish I knew more.....what does muckign mean By the way?
How did you learn CS3?

Katrine

The Girl said...

It's electric blue these days?? My how things have changed. :-) Once again, stunning photos!

Sarah Tilley said...

what are the odds of that- meeting someone you know at the top of the eiffel tower...