Tuesday 22 April 2008

A little peek...

Let me give you a little peek into what it's like in our house when friends come to stay with us...we often have friends and family come and stay with us...like at least once a month...and we love it...we often get comments like: 'Didn't you just have people staying with you?'...or...'Do you ever get tired of having people stay so often?'...The answer is always...NO!...I mean, really, how could anyone tire of having someone else for the kids to climb & jump all over? :)

Let me introduce you to our guests:


This is Jeanney & Matt...

Jeanney & I were mission companions in Idaho (yes I did serve my mission for the LDS church on Temple Square in Salt Lake but I was sent to Idaho Pocatello Mission for 3mths as part of that). Jeanney was known in our mission as the 'Deer Slayer' simply because she...well...she ran into a deer...and nearly wrote the car off...so I was known as 'the Deer Slayer's companion'... anyway she loved being companions with an Australian soooo much that she decided to up and MARRY one...which suits me just fine...because that means she visits downunder every couple of years and I get to see her much more often than any of my other comps.


So Jeanney got to know my kids this visit...she left her two daughters with her mother-in-law in Brisbane for a few days...she was missing her kids...so I let mine climb all over her...just so she didn't miss her own too much...you know because I ALWAYS think of others feelings before my own....ALWAYS!


Jeanney even gave her some flying lessons...

My son, being the clown of the family and having the unique ability to make things that are NOT funny, FUNNY, decided this would be his new trick...


and then he thought better of it and decided to use them in a more appropriate manner...


...and he still found it funny...

What??? MY GUESTS throwing snotty tissues at me??? what did I ever do to deserve that????



...well I must say Matt...the snotty tissue was definitely worth it...

5 comments:

Sarah Tilley said...

you never told me you associated with deer slayers. surely you've hit a kangaroo or something. i nearly totaled my car when i hit a jaguar once, well actually it hit me-- i kind of pulled out in front of it...

Wyborn Family said...

Hi Sal, I often look at your blog - have been wondering why u haven't updated lately - i guess u have been busy with your guests.

Kikibug said...

Sarah, WHAT.. A jaguar!! Only you!
I also LOVE having people stay over. I usually rope them into playing lots of games.
I LOVE that your boy puts undies on his head... boys crack me up. My son does that from time to time... but even better that Matt did it too.

Kym said...

Perry, So good to hear from you! You guys look like you're having a GREAT time. I didn't even know Phipps "stalked" my blog. Tell her to leave me a comment! Does she have a blog, too? Hope all is well. I will keep up on you now. Your kids are adorable, by the way.
--Caress-Knight

Sara said...

Perry!
Yay! I'm so glad you wrote! Your kids are beautiful!!! I'm jealous Phipps gets to come and see you! It's too bad I can't go to Australia since I'm probably closer right now than I'll ever be. Anyway, it looks like you're having fun and I'll definitely have to stalk your blog!
Sara