Friday 29 June 2007

Layne's 'somewhat of a' Birthday

So Layne's Birthday didn't turn out exactly as we had planned!!! Mike arranged for the day off so we could do something with the kids...Monday afternoon I kind of ruined that idea by getting sick...I tend to do that at the most inconvenient times. Along the flu, asthma and the muscular pain...I had a stomach bug, so I pretty much spent all of Tuesday in bed. Monday night I called Mike at work (he was on late shift...due home at 9pm) and told him he'd have to pick up a cake from the cheesecake shop for Layne, as I wasn't going to be able to make one. Layne realllllllly wanted a barbie cake so I figured we might be able to buy a cake and put a barbie on top, hoping that it would suffice and she wouldn't realise that it didn't look anything like the one she had picked out of the book. Mike's comment after calling him and telling him my dilemma was: 'My daughter wants her barbie cake, she'll get her barbie cake'. I wasn't really sure if that was a good thing or bad thing! He came home after work and stayed up till midnight making her the cake...I was very impressed, I must say and Layne just thought it was the best thing in the world!


I was so out of it I even forgot to get a photo of her blowing the candles out!

1 comment:

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Happy Birthday from the U.S.!!